Get Adobe Flash player


Pest Control

Termite Control, Pest Control Sydney

Rodent Control

Bird Control

cockroach control

Pest Control Sydney

termite control, pest control

Most common borers found in sound timber in Sydney are ANOBIUM BORER and LYCTUS BORER.

Anobium Borer (Furniture Beetle) – Life cycle of 1-3 years. Commonly found in Baltic pine floors, cupboards and staircases. Anobium Borer does not attack hardwood timbers. Evidence of Anobium Borers is usually found when floorboards are sanded back exposing squiggly lines. This Borer is very slow acting and usually they have been there for many years. Over time they make the timber/s very brittle. Structurally, most houses are made of hardwood timbers so damage is limited.

Treatment of the affected timbers is limited depending on the situation. Most ground floor flooring timbers can be treated by applying a registered pesticide to the underside of all affected and susceptible timbers, once a year for 3 years. This will interrupt and kill the life cycle of the Borer. With furniture, staircases and timbers affected on multiple storey dwellings, replacement of affected timbers is the only option.

To find out if your Borer damage is active, draw a circle around all entry/exit holes found on or under the timbers affected and check at 3 monthly intervals. If there are no more holes appearing they are presumed inactive. If more holes appear it is presumed active. By reducing dampness and improving cross flow ventilation within your subfloor you can reduce ideal breeding spots for this Borer.

Lyctus Borer – Damage is usually found in subfloor bearers and joists, roofing rafters and tile battens. Minimal amount of damage are usually found to timbers involved as Lyctus Borers only attack the sapwood which by law only consists of a maximum 25% of any structural timber. The other 75% of the effected piece is heartwood; it remains structurally sound and is not considered necessary to treat. If the timbers have been milled over 5 years prior then the borer is deemed to be deceased.

Servicing all Sydney Metropolitan Areas

Book you local Pest Control professionals now

Contact us
Join our monthly Newsletter
No competitions currently on offer, please visit this space soon.

Pest Control Offer


Rodent Treatment with any General
Pest Treatment to Residential Home

Termite Control Offer


Termite Treatement Appraisal
With any Tremite Inspection
Carried out.